Thursday, September 15, 2005

Answers in Genesis

I totally agree with Spurgeon when he wrote, “A witty answer is often a very proper thing; at the same time, a gracious answer is better. Try to say to yourself: It does not, after all, matter whether that man proves me to be a fool or not, for I know that already I am content to be thought a fool for Christ’s sake, and not to care about my reputation. I have to bear witness to what I know, and by the help of God I will do so right boldly.” And this is what I know. For the theory of evolution to be true, abiogenesis has to be a fact. Yet, no evolutionist can answer the question: How did life come from non-life? Any answer generally goes like this: We know it is impossible, but we have to start somewhere. So let us start with an impossibility and see where it leads. Recent developments in the areas of molecular biology and genetics confirm what is arguably the most fundamental law of biology: “omni cellules e cellules” [all cells come from other cells]. Life can only come from life. The truth about origins, like any other truth, always rises above falsehood as oil above water. Readers might want to avail themselves to the material at Answers in Genesis. As always, the table is open to come to the One who said, “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?” (John 11:25-26).